Sitka Summer Music Festival - Autumn Classics
September 8th through September 17th
World Class Chamber Music
Experience world class chamber music at the Alaska Airlines Autumn Classics with cellist Zuill Bailey, pianist Navah Perlman, violinist Nikita Borisevich, and the Matt Herskowitz Trio.
- Friday, September 8 — Pianist Navah Perlman “A Musical Memoir”
- Scarlatti — Sonata in C Major, L. 104
- Schumann — Arabesque in C Major, Op. 18
- Prokofiev — Three Scenes from ’Romeo and Juliet’, Op. 75
- Beethoven —Piano Sonata No. 30 in E Major, Op. 109
- Chopin — Nocturne in D Flat Major, Op. 27, No. 2
- Chopin — Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 23
- Saturday, September 9
- Bach — Sinfonias for String Trio (selections)
- Arensky — String Quartet No. 2 in A Minor, Op. 35
- Chopin — Scherzo No. 4 in E Major, Op. 54
- Prokofiev — Piano Sonata No. 7 in B Flat Major, Op. 83 “Stalingrad”
- Sunday, September 10
- Mozart — Piano Quartet No. 1 in G Minor, K. 478
- Paganini/Milstein — Paganiniana for solo violin
- Brahms — Piano Quartet No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 60 “Werther”
- Friday, September 15 - Featuring Matt Herskowitz Trio
- Bach/Herskowitz - Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, B.W.V. 1007
- Bolling — Selections from "Suite for Cello and Jazz Piano Trio"
- Herskowitz - Polonaise Libanaise (inspired by Chopin Polonaise in F# Minor, Op. 44)
- Herskowitz - Waltz in Moscow
- Rozenblatt - Dima's Blues
- Bach/Soloff - Air on the G String from Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, B.W.V. 1068
- Herskowitz - Forget Me Not
- Saturday, September 16 — “Chopin Reimagined” - Matt Herskowitz Trio
- Chopin - Nocturne in E Flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2
- C Major, Op. 10, No. 1 “Boogie Chopin — Etude in Woogie”
- Etude in G Sharp Minor, Op. 26, No. 6 “Thirds"
- Etude in E Major, Op. 10, No. 3 “La Tristesse"
- Etude in A Minor, Op. 10, No. 2 “El Montuno”
- Chopin/Herskowitz — Sonata No. 2 in B Flat Minor, Op. 35
- Marche Funebre
- Finale: Presto
- Sunday, September 17 — Grammy Celebration, featuring Zuill Bailey & Susan Reed
- Bruch — Kol Nidrei, Op. 47
- Bloch — Schelomo: Hebraic Rhapsody (1916)
- Daugherty —Tales of Hemingway
Sitka Summer Music Festival — Autumn Classics is presented by Sitka Summer Music Festival.
Runs approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes including intermission.
BABIES — Prohibited. Must be age 6 or older to enter.
CHILDREN - Recommended for ages 6 and older.
Pre-Performance Talk with Artist: Join a free discussion with the artist held 45 minutes before this performance. All ticket holders are welcome.
Post-Show Reception: Join the artists at a free reception beginning immediately after the show. All ticket holders welcome.
DAY OF SHOW: CenterTix sales end at 3:00 PM (Sunday concert sales end on Saturday). The venue box office opens 1 hour before the show for last minute ticket sales and will call.
UAA Recital Hall
University of Alaska Anchorage, Fine Arts Building
3640 Alumni Dr, Anchorage
TTY or Text Telephone is available to assist with patrons who are deaf; call the Center's TTY line at 907-263-2717.
Contact CenterTix from our CenterTix contact page
Or feel free to come by our friendly Box Office in the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts at
621 W. 6th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501.
Regular CenterTix Box Office and Call Center Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am-5pm
Extended Box Office Hours Prior to Events
The CenterTix Box Office is open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled curtain time for all ticketed events at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts and remains open through intermission (or 30 minutes after curtain time for events without intermission and for Voth Hall events). During these extended hours, the box office will handle business for shows performing that same day only.
For Holiday and Summer hours, please visit our Contact Page.