YWCA Alaska/BP Women of Achievement & Youth Awards
For the 28th year, YWCA Alaska/BP Women of Achievement & Youth Awards will honor 10 women and 5 young people who demonstrate commitment to empowering women, and eliminating racism throughout Alaska.
- 2017 Awardees:
- Darci Ahlin-Stieren, Owner of HR Solutions
- Michelle DeWitt, Executive Director of Bethel Community Services Foundation
- Wanda Greene, Chair of Anchorage Equal Rights Commission
- Amanda Metivier Hernandez, Youth Education Coordinator of Child Welfare Academy at University of Alaska Anchorage
- Betty Huntington, CEO of Gana-A’Yoo, Ltd.
- Nina Kemppel, President & CEO of Alaska Community Foundation
- Nance Larsen, Owner of MCPR Strategies
- Marie Monroe, General Manager of Doyon Tourism and Kantishna Roadhouse
- Suzi Pearson, Executive Director of Abused Women’s Aid in Crisis (AWAIC)
- Joanne Phillips-Nutter, Director of Marketing and Development of Camp Fire Alaska
YWCA Alaska/BP Women of Achievement & Youth Awards is presented by YWCA.
Runs approximately 1 hours without intermission.
BABIES — Welcome. Ticket required for ages 2 and older. Under age 2 enter free if seated on adult lap.
CHILDREN — Recommended for all ages.
Disruptive patrons of any age will be expected to exit the show.
Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
621 West 6th Avenue, Anchorage
All levels of the theatres in the Center have wheelchair-and scooter-accessible locations where patrons can remain in their wheelchairs/scooters or transfer to portable theater seats. Select seats labeled "W" to purchase these seats.
Scooters cannot be placed in the aisles due to the Center's evacuation plan. Patrons are welcome to transfer to a Center transport wheelchair in the lobby to gain access to permanent seat locations. Devices will be stored in the lobbies.
Assistive Listening Devices - Sound from the stage is broadcast directly to you by our in-house listening system (Listen Technologies LR-52000-072). This system has a standard 3.5mm output jack, so you can use your own headset or one of our stereo headsets. A limited number of T-coil compatible loop lanyards are also available. Listening devices are kept at the House Manager's station in the lobby prior to and during performances. This service is free of charge, however a deposit or ID is required.
TTY or Text Telephone is available to assist with patrons who are deaf; call the Center's TTY line at 907-263-2717.
Contact CenterTix from our CenterTix contact page
Or feel free to come by our friendly Box Office in the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts at
621 W. 6th Avenue, Anchorage AK 99501.
Regular CenterTix Box Office and Call Center Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am-5pm
Extended Box Office Hours Prior to Events
The CenterTix Box Office is open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled curtain time for all ticketed events at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts and remains open through intermission (or 30 minutes after curtain time for events without intermission and for Voth Hall events). During these extended hours, the box office will handle business for shows performing that same day only.
For Holiday and Summer hours, please visit our Contact Page.