Sitka Summer Music Festival - Winter Classics 2019
February 8th through February 10th, 2019
Beethoven String Quartet
Experience world-class chamber music with the Attacca Quartet during the Alaska Airlines Winter Classics. The Attacca Quartet has served as the Juilliard Resident String Quartet and the Quartet in Residence for the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. During three unique concerts, they will present half of Beethoven’s String Quartets — the other half will be presented during Winter Classics 2020, as a culminating celebration of Beethoven’s 250th birthday. They will also showcase contemporary composers within the three-concert series. Purchase a season subscription and receive a reduced rate for all three concerts!
Two additional free performances are included in the series — a lunchtime concert at the Anchorage Museum on Friday, and an open rehearsal “Informance” at the UAA Recital Hall on Saturday morning. Find more information about these free concerts on Sitka Summer Music Festival’s Concert Calendar page.
CONCERT PROGRAMSFriday, February 8th at 7:30 PM
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 1 in F Major, Op. 18, No. 1
- Gabriella Smith — Carrot Revolution
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 12 in E Flat Major, Op. 127
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 2 in G Major, Op. 18, No. 2
- Caroline Shaw — Entr'acte
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 131
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 10 in E Flat Major, Op. 74 “Harp”
- John Adams — String Quartet No. 2
- Beethoven — String Quartet No. 9 in C Major, Op. 59, No. 3 “Hero”
Sitka Summer Music Festival — Winter Classics is presented by Sitka Summer Music Festival.