Sitka Music Festival - Autumn Classics
Experience world class chamber music September 13th through 22nd with Grammy award®-winning cellist Zuill Bailey, pianists Alfredo Oyágüez, Natasha Paremski, Eduard Zilberkant, and Susan Reed, plus Emory University’s Quartet-in-Residence, the Vega Quartert. Six unique concerts feature world-class chamber musicians in classic masterworks and modern compositions/arrangements. Full program listings below. Purchase tickets to individual concerts or join us for the whole six concert series! Subscriptions also available to the Winter Classics, Feb 7-9, featuring the Ariel Quartet performing Beethoven string quartets.
Also, join Sitka Music Festival for these free community events during the Autumn Classics: Music in the Museum — Thursdays, Sept 12 & 19, 12:00 in the Anchorage Museum “Informance” — an open rehearsal plus Q&A with the artists — Saturdays Sept 14 and 21, 10 am in the UAA Fine Arts Building Recital Hall.
- FRIDAY, September 13th 7:30 PM — Alfredo Oyágüez, Zuill Bailey and the Vega Quartet
- Granados — Danzas Espanolas, Op. 3 (piano solo)
- Schulhoff — Five Pieces for String Quartet
- Puccini — Chrysanthemums, Elegy for String Quartet
- Turina — Piano Quartet in A Minor, Op. 67
- Garner — “I ain’t broke (but I am badly bent)’ — Thirteen Fiddle Tunes for String Quartet
- SATURDAY, September 14th, 7:30 PM — Alfredo Oyágüez, Zuill Bailey, and the Vega Quartet
- Granados — Intermezzo from “Goyescas” for Cello and Piano
- Rodrigo — Sonata Pimpante (Violin and Piano)
- Falla — Suite Populaire Espagnole for Viola and Piano
- Glazunov — Cello Quintet in A Major, Op. 39
- SUNDAY, September 15th, 4:00 PM — Zuill Bailey, Susan Reed, and the Vega Quartet
- Haydn — String Quartet in B Flat Major, Op. 1, No. 1 “La Chasse”
- Bartok — String Quartet No. 3
- Walton— Cello Concerto (cello solo with piano quintet)
September 19th, 20th and 22nd
(PLEASE NOTE: Thursday—Friday and Sunday, skipping Saturday to avoid conflict with Anchorage Symphony)
The Thursday and Friday concerts feature pianist Natasha Paremski performing all four Rachmaninoff piano concertos, with pianist Eduard Zilberkent playing the orchestral accompaniment. Sunday afternoon’s concert features cellist Zuill Bailey and pianist Eduard Zilberkant, performing Beethoven cello sonatas.
- THURSDAY, September 19th, 7:30 PM
- Rachmaninoff — Piano Concerto No. 1 in F Sharp Minor, Op. 1
- Rachmaninoff — Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 30
- FRIDAY, September 20th, 7:30 PM
- Rachmaninoff — Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Minor, Op. 40
- Rachmaninoff — Piano Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18
- SUNDAY, September 22nd, 4:00 PM
- Beethoven — Cello Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op 5, No. 1
- Beethoven — Cello Sonata No. 2 in G Minor, Op. 5, No. 2
- Beethoven — Cello Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69
Monday - Friday: 9am-5pm*
*For Holiday and Summer hours, please visit our Contact Page.
The CenterTix Box Office is open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled curtain time for all ticketed events at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts and remains open through intermission (or 30 minutes after curtain time for events without intermission and for Voth Hall events). During these extended hours, the box office will handle business for shows performing that same day only.
Special Seating Request Form